The process of software development involves several crucial components that determine how a product or an application is created. These components are also directly related to the kind of impact your product has on the market. One of them is the programming language used for development.
Firstly, there are various programming languages for you to choose from. They are used during software development and could vary based on multiple factors. A few software engineers might pick a secure one, a few of them might pick the easier one or some might a combination of both.
Which are the Top Programming Languages for Software Development?
When you are spoilt for choices, it becomes difficult to choose. And particularly when so many programming languages have proven to be highly effective over the years. However, going by the current trend, here is a list of 6 programming languages every software development business needs to consider using:
Based on numbers collected from a survey across the IT industry, Python is rapidly rising as the most sought-after programming language for developers. It is a high-level programming language that is suited primarily for general-purpose programming.
Python consists of simple syntax, automated memory management, and dynamic features that make it a perfect fit for various types of applications. Some of the industries that are already using Python in development are gaming, web applications, prototyping, etc.
Here are a few benefits of Python:
- It comprises third-party modules.
- It is an object-oriented language.
- Python is easily portable across different operating systems.
- It consists of user-friendly data structures.
Java is one of the most popular and highly used programming languages in software development. An object-oriented programming language, Java can be written on any type of device and also on a cross-platform basis.
Here are some of its advantages:
- Java is a platform-independent language at both the source level and binary level.
- It is user-friendly and comprises straight-out simple designs.
- It is considered the safest programming language because of its robust security features.
- Java’s stack allocation feature allows software engineers to store data seamlessly.
Ruby is a simple programming language comprising multiple tools and libraries. The interface of Ruby is so simple that it does not need one to learn programming commands.
It is mostly used for the development of small websites. It does not deliver the expected performance on large websites with a full-stack framework. Programs developed using Ruby are known to be easier to test.
Benefits of Ruby are:
- It is fast, efficient, and user-friendly.
- Comprises of simple, understandable syntax.
- It has a large forum online with several learning resources.
- Ruby on Rails is one of the most popular frameworks for mobile app development.
C is considered one of the most complex programming languages to learn for software development. The consensus is that a good understanding of C makes it easier to learn other languages like C++.
As C is a machine-level language, professional QA analysts will find it rather easy to test the application even if the code is compiled in some other language.
Some of its advantages are:
- C is the building block of many other languages used for development today.
- Comprises of functions that include system-generated features.
- C is easily portable which makes it easy to set up.
- It can arrange the program in a clear manner.
LISP is one of the oldest programming languages which is highly preferred in artificial intelligence because of its level of flexibility and ability to complete a chosen task.
It is one of the top programming languages for QA as it enables efficient coding due to the compilers and rapid prototyping capabilities it brings.
Here are some of its benefits:
- Modifies its own syntax for a specific program or programming style.
- One of the main advantages is its format of determining data is similar to writing a code. This makes it a natural part of the syntax.
- LISP supports functional and imperative programs.
Perl is one of the most commonly used programming languages for software, hardware, and network development. It helps a great deal in testing to ensure the best quality of a product.
It consists of a file handling technique that consumes the least execution time to make it one of the most preferred languages over others.
Some of its advantages are:
- It is vastly used for web app development.
- Perl consists of open-source software.
- It can integrate with different database products through the platform.
- Perl handles HTML, XML, and other PDF formats.
- It supports Java and C++.
While is always good to rely on programming languages to verify the performance standards of a product, the way to go one better is to hire a company that uses the best programming languages for software development.
At 91 Social, we provide quality software development services to our clients to help them elevate their companies to the next level. We have a team of experienced software developers who are highly accustomed to using various programming languages and doing it with precision.
We aim to deliver on our promises to our clients by creating the most engaging software apps for them.